Smartraveller: The Australian Government's travel advisory and consular assistance service
Latest travel advice updates
- Iraq - updated 21 August 2014
- Sierra Leone - updated 20 August 2014
- Liberia - updated 20 August 2014
- Peru - updated 20 August 2014
- Turkey - updated 20 August 2014
- Guinea - updated 20 August 2014
- Democratic Republic of the Congo - updated 20 August 2014
Latest travel bulletin updates
- Ebola outbreak in West Africa - updated 20 August 2014
- Hajj 2014 - updated 11 July 2014
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV) - updated 26 June 2014
- New business travel advice includes information about overseas travel risks that employers and business travellers should consider, and case studies of risk mitigation measures applied for short and long-term overseas travel.
- Natalie Hensby, a young Aussie who was pulled unconscious and seriously injured from the water after a horrifying boat crash in Thailand, features in our latest Smartraveller TV ad. Thanks to her comprehensive travel insurance she received the best possible medical care and made a full recovery. “Travel insurance didn’t just save me $100 000, it saved my life”.
- Volunteering overseas can be a very rewarding experience. Take a look at our tips for ensuring your volunteering experience is safe ethical and worthwhile.
- Our advice on partying safely overseas has been updated. Take a look at our latest tips for staying safe and keeping out of trouble.
- Smartraveller is on Twitter! Follow us for travel advice updates and other hot tips for staying safe and well overseas. You can also join us on Facebook and check out our videos on YouTube.